Truck accident lawyers
We Handle Truck Accidents in Kentucky and Tennessee
After a Truck Wreck – Act Quickly and Hire an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer
- There are different laws and requirements that apply to commercial trucks. The trucking industry is regulated by federal and state laws.
- In a trucking case, there are often responsible parties other than the truck driver. There can be claims against the trucking company, the company responsible for loading the truck, or the businesses responsible for repairing and maintaining the truck.
- It is important to figure out what went wrong so that you can have answers and so that you can recover money from all parties responsible.
- Timely investigation is really important. Some evidence will disappear if it is not secured quickly.
- We want to keep the truck driver and trucking company from repairing the truck before it can be examined, or destroying relevant documents, like driving logs, before we can see them.
- Experts can be crucially important in big truck accidents. We use an accident reconstructionist to analyze the scene and examine the vehicles, including data recorded by the vehicles (black boxes).
- Injuries and damages tend to be more severe when a big truck like a tractor-trailer is involved.
- There are often bigger insurance policies, meaning more money available to pay losses, in big tuck cases. The trucking company has a lot at stake and they will have experienced trucking litigation lawyers working against your claim. You need experienced help on your side.
The Semi was at fault. What Went Wrong?
- Improper maneuvers
- Driver fatigue
- Poor driver training or supervision
- Negligent hiring and retention of drivers
- Failure to maintain the truck or faulty repairs
- Improper loading or cargo shifts
- Overweight cargo
What is a Semi?
There are many other terms used for this type of big truck, including: semi truck, tractor-trailer, eighteen wheeler, semi-tractor trailer, and semitrailer.